Saturday, September 26, 2009

Idiot is as Idiot Does

I am an idiot. Or, I can be.

One of my friends has children. Two children.

I hate the fact that she doesn't pay them any mind or attention. Even when she has visitation, she'd much rather do what she wants than spend quality time with them.

The younger one calls me from time to time. He wants to hang out. I constantly make excuses so that I don't have to. And it's simply because I don't feel like it.

This isn't one of my finer actions.

A little person is reaching out to me. He is coming to me, asking to be my friend. I reject him.

I'm thinking of becoming a Big Brother, but I don't have time to treat those close to me with kindness. This is where I should begin.

I need to learn to open myself up to those in front of me. I need to see and help those closest before I can help anyone else.

*Disclaimer* This is only from my perspective. What I can see. Maybe she spends much more time with her children than I assume.

No comments:

Post a Comment