Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Baby Squirrel Update 2

So, I'm pretty sure I'm in love.

At least, I've spent most of my morning wiping the butt of the squirrel and cleaning out her cage. If that's not love, I don't know what is. All of which is hard to do, because she's still uncomfortable with it. She'll hang out with people, but doesn't like them fussing too much over her. She struggles and tries to get away. An act of kindness that is not perceived as an act of kindness.

Now that I'm decently sure the squirrel is going to survive, I've landed on a name: Nora.
When I was working on Doll's House at Weathervane, Torvald (the domineering husband) called Nora (his wife) "my little squirrel."

Since this is a "little squirrel," I decided it would be fitting that her name was Nora.

1 comment: